Have you noticed some dull aches in your shoulder after spending hours repainting your home? Or have you experienced weakness after pitching for your team at the company baseball tournament? Chances are you may be suffering from a rotator cuff injury and may be in need of pain management assistance. To prevent any further damage, learn and understand the symptoms of this painful injury.
Reading the Signs
The rotator cuff is composed of several muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint and keeps the arm bone and shoulder socket in place. People who move their arms over their head repeatedly during work or sports are highly susceptible to a rotator cuff injury. Some of the most common causes are:
- Falls – Breaking a fall with your arm or falling on it can damage the rotator cuff
- Heavy lifting – Lifting or pulling heavy items improperly or overhead can damage and/or tear the tendons and muscles in the rotator cuff
- Continuous stress – Repetitive movement can cause inflammation and even tears to the rotator cuff
An injury of this sort can be aggravated by just simply sleeping on it, so it’s very important to identify the symptoms to get the most out of your pain management assistance. Symptoms generally include:
- Dull aches deep within the shoulder
- Arm weakness
- Lack of mobility of the arms
- Bothered sleep due to discomfort in the affected side
Caring for Your Pain
At Total Pain Care, we offer pain management services to deal with your rotator cuff injury. Our board-certified specialists will take a comprehensive approach to your problems and lead you to relief at your own pace. Take the first step towards being pain-free by contacting us in New Jersey today.